Dear Member & family,
On behalf on the Dublin Branch committee I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your families and safe & Happy Christmas 2020 & a Prosperous and healthy New Year 2021.
- As we all know for many reasons 2020 was a year to forget for us all, not just from a sporting point of view but in some cases many of us have been effected by the loss of a family member, relative or friend.
- Hopefully with the imminent role out of various types of vaccines things will return to some sort of normality sooner rather than later.
- Please do not let your guard down and continue to abided by all the H.S.E., Nephet and Government rules and guidelines concerning Covid 19.
- At present we are were we are from a sporting point of view, and football as we know it from an Amateur view remains as is, with No matches (Including friendlies) being able to take place until things improve greatly. Do not take a chance with friendlies games no matter how convincing the clubs are as you are not insured and do not want to risk the loss of your licence.
- Referees training is still taken place in some venues and further details can be obtained from Anto Carey & Terry Murphy who organise training sessions North & South sides of Dublin, all safety guidelines are complied with during training and our branch are grateful to all involved in the organisation of these sessions.
- It is imperative that we all still do a little training not just to keep in shape but also from a mental health point of view, a little jog, walk or cycle will keep the body and mind healthy.
- As yet there has been NO word or arrangements made for seminars for 2021 but if word reaches us from the F.A.I we will be sure to Keep our members up to speed.
- Your committee & delegates are still meeting via zoom and still conducting business on your behalf, only last week we had a council and committee meeting and our committee were active in representing our members in D.R.R.C. zoom meetings and in some cases we were successful on behalf of our members to ensure disciplinary proceedings against offenders to referees were dealt with by the Disciplinary control Unit.
- We will await the new year before committing to any face to face meetings with our members as this can only be done when restrictions are lifted, if restrictions are not lifted we will look at alternative ways of meeting maybe via ZOOM with smaller groupings.
- I always ask that you keep in touch with present and former Branch members, particularly the older ones, a simple phone call or text will make someone’s day.
- Recently the former Council Vice President (Hon Life Vice President) and branch secretary Dermot Kelly had a bad accident at home and is currently in Hospital in Kilkenny, please keep Dermot and his wife Patsy and family in your prayers.
- I personally would like to thank all our committees & Delegates within the Dublin Branch a Happy Christmas and thank them all for their excellent commitment to our branch over the past months. A special word of thanks to Seán O Connor for all his excellent work on our webpage & Facebook sites.
- To all our members a big thank you for all your solid support and effort in 2020.
- To all our affiliated leagues, their officers and committees, observers and allocators also a very happy Christmas and new year and again thank them for their wonderful support to our branch and referees specially during these unusual times.
8th December 2020.